Anne Hagan is an East Central Ohio based government employee by day and an author by night. She and her wife live in a tiny town that’s even smaller than the Morelville of her first fiction series and they wouldn’t have it any other way. Anne’s wife grew up there and has always considered it home. Though it’s an ultra-conservative rural community, they’re surrounded there by family, longtime friends and many other wonderful people with open hearts and minds.
Anne and her wife enjoy spending time with Anne’s son and his wife, with their nieces and nephews (and their great-nephews that they’re really still too young to have but, it is what it is) and doing many of the things you’ve read about in her bestselling books or that will be ‘fictitiously’ incorporated into future Morelville Mysteries and Morelville Cozies series books. If you’ve read about a hobby or a sport in one of her books, they probably enjoy doing it themselves or someone very close to them does.
The ladies together are the co-owners of a commercial haunted house, Hagan’s House of Horrors. Much as her dream has always been to write fiction, her spouse’s dream has been to create it through the medium of horror. They took their haunt operation fully commercial in 2015. Watch them as they grow!
5 Fun Facts About Anne:
- Anne can’t carry a tune in a bucket or play a musical instrument. In fact, she has no artistic talent at all beyond writing. The ability to complete simple elementary school crafts often eludes her.
- Anne was raised in Western Pennsylvania in a family of rabid Pittsburgh Steelers fans. Her parents leave their Christmas tree festooned with Steelers ornaments up every year until the Steelers are out of the NFL playoffs.
- Anne graduated from high school at age 17 and went right into the Army. Her mother told her she’d never make it in the Army because she didn’t like to take orders from anyone. After a 22 year career of combined active duty and National Guard time, she’s the only one laughing now and she’ll laugh all the way to the bank when those retirement checks start coming at age 60.
- Anne is deathly afraid of needles. As a child, she had to be pinned down for shots. During her Army career, someone typically had to hold her hand during mandatory immunization times. Blood draws have always been an adventure in near fainting experiences for her.
- People marvel at Anne’s sense of hearing. Nothing gets by her. Don’t try and chide her under your breath because she’ll hear you. Not only that, to bring her vision up to par with her ability to hear, she had laser vision surgery years ago. Her eyes are aging now but she can still see better than most people…or so she says. Shh! She’ll hear us!
|The Morelville Mysteries||The Morelville Cozies||Other Works|
|Relic||The Passed Prop||Broken Women|
|Busy Bees||Opera House Ops||Healing Embrace (coming soon!)|
|Hitched and Tied|
|Viva Mama Rossi!|
|A Crane Christmas|
|Mad for Mel|
|The Turkey Tussle|