Lesfic Authors – Our Growing Community

As more and more lesbians come out, more of their stories are coming out. More important is that more of the stories they have inside them, begging to be told, are coming out too. There are more active lesfic authors out there today, producing great fiction than ever before. And tomorrow? And the next day and the next? There will be even more!

Lesfic List Logo

Two and a half years ago – yes, that long ago – with a blog post, I created what ultimately became the Lesfic Author List. That initial post contained the names of 153 lesfic authors I was personally familiar with, I could track down online by website or by their GoodReads profile.

My initial post was met with such enthusiasm from authors and readers alike, and so many names were passed along to me, I wrote two more blog posts before the list was moved to its permanent page on my website. As of this writing, there are 409 authors listed in the active section!

The Lesfic Authors List Today:

In ongoing efforts, I’m working on identifying authors missing from the list, old/established and new, and also on identifying all of their works by genre; something the original list lacked. I’ve got a long way to go with all of this, but it’s a labor of love.

If you or an author you love isn’t on the list, let me know.

Why do this? Because it’s a living, breathing document of us, our writers, writing fiction for us. Because lesfic authors deserve the same recognition that mainstream writers get. Also because readers deserve to have a resource to easily find new authors in their preferred genres. And, perhaps most of all, because readers can read a lot faster than we can write. They need a place to go that lists everyone we can find that writes for us, about us. That’s why.

Please follow and share:
This entry was posted in On Reading and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Lesfic Authors – Our Growing Community

1. Amanda Beers says:

I love everyone’s work on there but I didn’t see Erin Wade’s name on there. An amazing author.

• Anne Hagan says:

You are absolutely right! That’s a huge oversight on my part and I appreciate you pointing it out. We ‘talk’ all the time on Twitter and she’s never said a word…modest beyond measure.

• Amanda Beers says:

Yes she is. Thank you for the list, there a few on it that I haven’t read yet but looked through their work and let’s just say my wish list is a little longer😊

• Anne Hagan says:

I hear that! Everytime and author contacts me and asks to be added, I go and look them up. I always find myself saying, “Ooo, that sounds interesting!”

2. Evelyn Dar says:

I know I’ve said it before but you really rock Anne. As a reader and writer of lesfic, thank you πŸ™

3. L.B. says:

Simply amazing list! I can’t imagine the effort to put it together and maintain it. Great to see so many lesfic authors too.

A few lesfic authors off the top of my head that I didn’t see were LJ Maas (since passed away many moons ago), Jane Fletcher, and also a newer one named KC Luck. Hope that helps a little.

Thank you for a wonderful list. Will be reblogging it!

• Anne Hagan says:

I’ll add all three. LJ will be added in the deceased section. I don’t know why I didn’t think of KC Luck myself. I’ve had contact with her several times recently.

• L.B. says:

There’s a lot of lesfic authors these days with many more getting added. No easy feat to stay on top of a list like this! Thank you again for compiling it. πŸ™‚

4. RD DeLisle says:

I have two books on the market, Miranda and the sequel, Colette, and a WIP. Would love to be on this list. πŸ™‚

• Anne Hagan says:

I’ll add you to the list to be added to the list. The response has been a bit overwhelming since I published this post yesterday. The list will easily top 450 when I get everyone added.

5. Marian Snowe says:

This is a wonderful resource! Thank you so much for doing this πŸ™‚

6. Dolores says:

I agree with Amanda Beers about Erin Wade. I am an avid reader of her books and she is my favourite author of this genre. Also I would like to see Jourdyn Kelly, Roz James on this list.

7. Pingback: Update on 'The List' -